What is Clause and Types of Clause Examples with हिंदी Explanation

 

What is Clause ?





The clause expresses a complete thought and stands on its own as a sentence.

Clauses शब्दों का वह समहू है जिसमे subject और verb दोनों ही होते हैं । Clause पूरा अर्थ व्यक्त करते हैं।


Types of Clause



एक complete sentence में दो तरह के Clauses होते है -


1) Independent Clause

2) Dependent Clause/ Subordinate clause


Example -

I bought a book.
मैंने किताब खरीदी।

इस sentence में simple sentence या clause के जरूरी तीन elements है - Subject = I ,Verb = bought ,Object = a book


अब इस sentence में एक और sentence/ clause जोड़ देते हैं -

While my mother drank her tea, (I bought a book.)
जब मेरी माँ ने अपनी चाय पी।


अब इस sentence में दो clauses है -
1) While my mother drank her tea और
2) I bought a book. पर ये दोनों clauses एक जैसे नहीं हैं, इनमे कुछ difference है।


जो हमारा पहला clause था (I bought a book) वो अपने आप में complete था। उसका एक पूरा अर्थ है- मैंने किताब खरीदी। इसे अकेले भी use कर सकते हैं।इसलिए यह एक independent clause है।


जबकि दूसरा clause "While my mother drank her tea" एक complete sentence है, इसमें भी subject, verb और object है पर यह clause अपने आप में complete meaning नहीं देता। इसलिए यह dependent clause है।


More Examples :-


1. Since I was tired, I decided to go to bed. 


Here 'since I was tired' is Dependent clause, while 'I decided to go to bed' is Independent Clause.

यहाँ "since I was tired" Dependent Clause है क्योंकि ये अपने सम्पूर्ण अर्थ के लिए दूसरे वाक्य पर निर्भर है जबकि 'I decided to go to bed' Independent Clause है, क्योंकि इसका अर्थ खुद में सम्पूर्ण है।



2. Damian won't be able to play in the game because he injured his foot.


Here 'because he injured his foot' is a Dependent/ Subordinate Clause while 'Damian won't be able to play in the game' is Independent Clause.

यहाँ "because he injured his foot"  Dependent Clause है क्योंकि ये अपने सम्पूर्ण अर्थ के लिए दूसरे वाक्य पर निर्भर है जबकि  'Damian won't be able to play in the game'  Independent Clause है, क्योंकि इसका अर्थ खुद में सम्पूर्ण है।



For such more Grammar topics and spoken english tips subscribe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Since There's No Help Analysis in English and Hindi

william shakespeare sonnet 1 summary in hindi

The Anniversarie by John Donne Complete Explanation in English and Hindi with Critical Appreciation