John Donne's Poem "The Anniversarie" Introduction and Text of the Poem The Anniversary by John Donne is a dramatic lyric in which the poet celebrates his love which is now one year old. In this three-stanza poem, the poet commemorates the first anniversary of seeing his beloved. The poet is the speaker and his beloved is the silent listener in the poem. The central theme of the poem 'The Anniversarie' is the immortality of true love which transcends death itself. The poem 'The Anniversary' has thirty lines; ten lines in three stanzas. The rhyme scheme is AABBCCDDDD. Text :- All Kings, and all their favourites All glory’ of honors, beauties, wits The Sun it selfe, which makes times, as they passe, Is elder by a yeare, now, than it was When thou and I first one another saw: All other things, to their destruction draw, Only our love hath no decay; This, no to morrow hath, nor yesterday, Running it never runs from us away, But tr...
Answer to Common Questions 1. What time is it? कितने बजे हैं ? It's half-past four. (4:30) It's quarter past four. (4:15) It's quarter to 4. (3:45) It's four o'clock. (4:00) I am sorry but I don't know. 2. Why are you studying English? तुम अंग्रेजी क्यों पढ़ रहे हो ? I love learning new languages. So that I can communicate when I travel. For work. 3. So, what have you been up to lately? और क्या हाल है/ क्या चल रहा है ? Well, have you heard that I moved to a new apartment? What can I say? Nothing too exciting. Things are good—how about you? 4. Would you mind giving me a hand with this ? क्या आप कृप्या मेरी मदद करेंगें? Sure thing! You got it! I’m afraid I can’t. Maybe (sonam) could, though. 5. What sort of stuff do you do on the weekends? आप weekends पर क्या किया करते हैं ? I usually spend my weekends watching Netflix at home. How about you? For such more basic english knowledge subscribe to englishwithshivani.blogspot.co...
Comments
Post a Comment